- Chalk It Right Poor chalking is usually the reason your ball doesn't spin the way you want it to. Before you grab your pool cues from their pool cue cases very important to protect your cues and apply the chalk, make sure you know proper technique.
- Swing Through Just like golf, what you do before and after you hit the ball is just as important. Make sure your backswing is slow and smooth. You don't want to bring it back too quickly and rob yourself of time, and you don't want to take too much time staring either.
- Get A Ritual & Stick With It Before you even pick up your pool cues, visualize a checklist in your head of all the things you want to do when taking a shot. Then complete each of those tasks until they become second nature.
- Once You Commit, Commit You've got that ritual perfected so by the time you begin your shooting motion, there should be no hesitation. If you are still thinking of what to do as you pull back, you can be sure that you're going to miss the shot.
- Stripes vs. Solids Playing 8-Ball? Make a strategic selection. Your first move should be to take the billiard balls that give you the best chance to win in your first round. Otherwise, pick the ones that will prevent your opponent from running the table.
- The England Rule No matter what, keep calm and carry on. You're going to have bad breaks and unlucky angles. Don't get mad. Don't show your opponent you're rattled. Just stay positive and you'll get back into the zone.
- Nothing Wrong With Conservative Whenever you're stuck between two shots, take the easier, more conservative one. You're more likely to make it and keep control of the game.
- Use Physics, Then Don't There is a science behind the way to stand, move your arms and hit the ball. But once you start your motion, let go of the science and let your instincts take over. You can be analytical during practice, but the match is all about the moment.
- Humidity Matters The damper the pool table, the faster draw will rub off the cue ball. Keep that in mind as the match progresses.
- Breaking Good Your cue ball should be side spinning, not following, on the break upon impact.
About the Author:
Akaash Prasad is the Manager at QStix, a leading online pool accessories and billiard supplies retailer. QStix offers a large selection of billiard equipment like pool cues, pool cue cases, custom pool cues and many other supplies. QStix has all the billiards supplies you need in one place to make the buying process as easy as possible.
Article Originally Published On: http://www.articlesnatch.com
- By: Paulina Hobson | Aug 24th 2012 - As an equestrian aficionado you are always looking to get the best out of your ride and thoroughly enjoy your time on a horse. You get the best out of it when you get the conditions just right. The central part of you ... Tags: sherwood forest jodhpurs
- By: Paulina Hobson | Aug 24th 2012 - If you love the great outdoors, walking or hiking through fantastic landscapes, traveling to experience new adventures, or simply taking the dog for a walk across your local heath on a blustery day, then you know how ... Tags: jack wolfskin clothing, jack woldskin wear, jack wolfskin
- By: Paulina Hobson | Aug 24th 2012 - Looking after your horse or horses can be a full time job. Just caring for them takes up so much time, and is often a fairly complicated process. In order to make the job easier, and to make your efforts for them as e ... Tags: equestrian supplies
- By: Paulina Hobson | Aug 24th 2012 - Nothing quite measures up to the sensation of taking your horse out and being completely in-tune, whether you are hacking or competing. Of course, you want your horse to be as healthy as they can possibly be. Maybe yo ... Tags: equestrian supplies
- By: Patrick Thompson | Aug 24th 2012 - The popularity of Basketball has been steadily growing in international markets for a number of years. While the sport has been extremely popular in the United States for decades, many international stars in the NBA h ... Tags: Fantasy sports, fantasy sports websites, play fantasy sports
- By: Southern Boarding | Aug 24th 2012 - Are you longing to step out into the open where the air is fresh and the snow is your sole companion? Well, take a break from your boring schedule and head to the cooler parts of Australia and New Zealand. Tags:
- By: Padilla Sport | Aug 24th 2012 - Having a good exercise is an important part in your healthy life style. However for women, having a good sports top is just as important as the exercise itself in helping them to shape their body better or maintaining ... Tags: skirted one piece swimwear, cut out one piece swimsuits
- By: Southern Boarding | Aug 24th 2012 - If you want to try your hand heli skiing and seek the skiing experience of a lifetime, just head toward the Southern hemisphere. Here, all the action takes place from the cooler months of June all the way to late Octo ... Tags:
- By: Southern Boarding | Aug 24th 2012 - Are you dreaming of a magical destination where everything s covered in acres of snow and you are your own king in a white paradise? Tags:
- By: Southern Boarding | Aug 24th 2012 - The Selwyn Snowfields is just two hours away from the city of Canberra. With a small ski area, this resort is perfect for families and is more on an affordable note just like the snowboarding at Chile. Tags:
Still can't find what you are looking for? Search for it!